Covid-19 Vaccination Delivery
- Eligible patients will receive an invite via text or phone call from their GP Practice or Primary Care Network.
- Invitation to book an appointment will be via text message where possible or telephone call.
- Please do not ring the surgery-we will contact you.
Second Vaccination Invites
- Second vaccines are currently being delivered
- Vaccinations are being administered at Plant Hill Clinic, Pop-Up Vaccination Clinics or at National Immunisation Centres
- The interval between first and second dose of the Covid-19 Vaccination has been brought forward from 12 weeks to 8 weeks for all cohorts.
- When you are called for your second dose of the vaccine, please do make sure that you have it. It’s really important you get your 2nd vaccination to make sure you are fully protected from coronavirus
If you are in an eligible cohort and have not had your first or second vaccination please contact the surgeryto arrange an appointment to receive the Covid-19 Vaccination.
COVID-19: Demonstrating Your Vaccination Status
How to demonstrate your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination status to show that you’ve had the full course of the COVID-19 vaccine and access this status when travelling abroad.
Do not contact your GP surgery about your COVID-19 vaccination status. We cannot provide letters showing your COVID-19 vaccination status.
If you are unable to access the NHS app but would like confirmation of your vaccination status you can call the NHS helpline on 119 and ask for a letter to be posted to you. This must be at least 5 days after you’ve completed your course of the vaccine, the letter may to take up to 5 days to reach you.
For more information please click this link: Your Covid-19 Vaccination Status
The NHS APP is available on IOS and Android, to use it you must be aged 13 and over and registered with a GP Surgery in ENGLAND.
For more information about the NHS APP click this link: The NHS APP
COVID-19: Vaccinations administered abroad
Information from the NHS Vaccination Service
- If you have had both or one vaccination for Covid-19 in another country it will NOT show on the NHS APP
- This problem cannnot be rectified by the practice at this moment in time. You can make us aware of your vaccination status and this can be added to your Medical Record but will not update the NHS APP. Until further guidance is issued by the NHS we cannot do anything further
- Patients are likely to be stopped from travelling if both of their vaccines do not show on the NHS APP
- Printed medical records, except for those requested via the 119 COVID service, will not be accepted for travel. If you were vaccinated abroad and we have updated your medical records, with the detail of your vaccination, we can print proof of your vaccination, but this is not accepted as proof for foreign travel.
- Patients that have received one vaccination abroad and one in the UK will not be offered a third vaccination so they have had two in the UK. This would be against recommendation for the vaccine course.
- To notify the practice that you have had vaccinations in another country please complete this form: https://www.online-consult.co.uk/org/the-avenue-medical-centre/start/1150/3229