You can order your prescription in the following ways:
- In person - Currently unavailable due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- By post - send it to us with a stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you.
- Online - follow the link at the top of this page to be redirected to Patient Access. Patient Access is also available as an app on your smartphone and tablet device.
- Chemist - your local chemist may offer a collection and delivery service.
Please note that for your own safety requests for medication are not accepted over the telephone.
Housebound patients can contact their local pharmacy many of which will make arrangements to collect and deliver prescriptions to the patient’s residence.
If you order your prescriptions on-line and would like a pharmacy to collect please notify the pharmacy that you would like them to collect your prescription and dispense the medication.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £108.10
- 3-month PPC: £30.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.
Below are some of the local Chemists who will be able to order/collect your prescription for you:
187 Victoria Avenue
55 Victoria Avenue
0161 740 1014