Welcome to The Avenue Medical Centre Website
Attending Surgery - Current Procedure
The front door is now open (08:30 to 18:30)
- When you book an appointment with your GP this will be a face to face appointment, telephone and video consultations are available if requested.
- When you arrive at your GP practice please use the automated arrival screen or check in at the reception desk.
- We advise wearing a face mask to reduce the spread of infection if you have a cough, respiratory condition or if you are immunosupressed.
- The practice will take the necessary steps to make sure that the premises is Covid-19 secure and safe for you to visit.
- Remember to wash your hands regularly and use the hand sanitiser provided, keep your distance from people, and avoid touching your face.
As per previous instructions please do not enter if you have any Covid-19 symptoms (this could result in the practice being closed for a deep clean and possibly reduced staffing if isolation is required), symptoms are a new continuous cough, sore throat or temperature and any respiratory symptoms.
If the front door is closed (08:00 TO 08:30)
Please use the intercom at the main door to inform reception staff that you have arrived.
- The intercom should not be used to discuss any other matters with the receptionist.
- All initial contact or an appointment request should be made on the telephone.
- Demand on the telephone lines has significantly increased, therefore please bear with our staff during this busy period.
- The practice operates a zero tolerence policy regarding any abusive or threatening behaviour towards our staff and visitors.
We thank you for your support and patience in this matter.
What is Online Consult?
Online Consult is a quick, convenient and secure way to digitally contact the GP surgery and get advice, without having to wait on the phone or take time out to come into the surgery.
The system provides a choice of forms for you to complete at a time that suits you and is sent directly to the surgery. These are dealt with and actioned immediately by the admin staff. Note: these forms should not be used in an emergency or if the request is urgent.
Online consultations give you another way to consult with a doctor, nurse or healthcare professional.
Click here or on the image to find out more
ONLINE ACCESS (Now referred to as Patient Facing Services)
Did you know you can now view your Medical Records, Order Prescriptions and Book appointments on-line (On-Line Appts- this service is temporarily suspended due to Covid-19)
To register for this service please contact the surgery please create an account in the first instance and then contact the surgery for full access, proof of ID is required.
The practice has always been being involved in student education.
You may have been in surgery when medical students have been present.
We are happy to announce that we are now an accredited training practice. Following a deanery visit we can now have speciality training doctors. These are fully qualified doctors who are generally a year or two from becoming a GP.