Welcome to The Avenue Medical Centre Website
Attending Surgery - Current Procedure
A face covering is still required prior to any admittance
The front door is now open, even though the restrictions on wearing a facemask lifted on Monday 19 July 2021, the guidance from Public Health England confirms that people must still wear a face mask in healthcare settings like your GP practice and hospitals. This is to stop the spread of Covid-19 and keep yourself and our staff safe when they’re at work. The number of people queuing for reception is limited to three at any one time. As per previous instructions please do not enter if you have any Covid-19 symptoms (this could result in the practice being closed for a deep clean and possibly reduced staffing if isolation is required), symptoms are a new continuous cough, sore throat or temperature and any respiratory symptoms.
- When you book an appointment with your GP you will have a telephone or online appointment where possible but if you need to be seen in person, a receptionist will book you into the practice.
- When you arrive at your GP practice, yourself and anyone accompanying you must wear a face covering such as a face mask. You can find out how to make a cloth face covering on the uk website.
- Staff in the practice will be wearing personal protective equipment.
- Doors and windows will be kept open to let any Covid particles out into the air.
- Your practice will take the necessary steps to make sure that the premises is Covid-19 secure and safe for you to visit.
- Remember to wash your hands regularly and use the hand sanitiser provided, keep your distance from people, and avoid touching your face.
If the front door is closed.
Please use the intercom at the main door to inform reception staff that you have arrived, the staff will have screening questions for all patients attending and will take your temperature.
The intercom should not be used to discuss any other matters with the receptionist.
If you have an appointment booked in advance, a member of the team will contact you to ensure patients with symptoms are not coming to the practice.
Demand on the telephone lines has significantly increased, therefore please bear with our staff during this busy period.
The practice operates a zero tolerence policy regarding any abusive or threatening behaviour towards our staff and visitors.
We thank you for your support and patience in this matter.
ONLINE ACCESS (Now referred to as Patient Facing Services)
Did you know you can now view your Medical Records, Order Prescriptions and Book appointments on-line (On-Line Appts- this service is temporarily suspended due to Covid-19)
To register for this service please contact the surgery please create an account in the first instance and then contact the surgery for full access, proof of ID is required.
The practice has always been being involved in student education.
You may have been in surgery when medical students have been present.
We are happy to announce that we are now an accredited training practice. Following a deanery visit we can now have speciality training doctors. These are fully qualified doctors who are generally a year or two from becoming a GP.